Wildlife Sanctuaries - Flora and fauna
In Sri Lanka about 90 species of mammals are found, ex. elephants, leopards, bears, monkeys and ungulates like deers. Among the reptiles there are many kinds of lizards, snakes and crocodiles. A large number of amphibians are everywhere. The sound from frogs and gekkoes at night is well known sound. Sri Lanka is a paradise for bird watchers (and insects). Freshwater fish are found in rivers and lakes. In the sea the coral reef is home for a large number of colorful fish. (Though Mirissa and Hikkaduwa are more or less destroid by turists.) Turtles can often be seen swimming close to land. (Hikkaduwa) In the latest years Sri Lanka has become a major spot for watching Whales (Autum i North east / spring south east) and Dolphins (and in some case sharks).
Flora. There are thousands of flowering plants. The coconut palm is 'the tree of life' to the Sri Lankans. The nuts are being used for drink and food. (King coconut for drinking) The leaves and wood for building. Sri Lanka is the largest coconut consuming country of all. Among the trees of the forests are some valuable species, such as satinwood, ebony, ironwood and mahogany.
Nature reserves and Nationalparks in Sri Lanka:
- Yala (Ruhuna) National Park (Leopards, elephants, reptiles, birds, deers) - Yala Wiki page
- Wilpattu National Park - (Wilpattu wiki page)
- Gal Oya National Park ( Galoya wiki page)
- Uda Walawe National Park (Elephants transit - Read more about udawalawe on this link)
- Maduru Oya National Park (Maduru oya wiki page)
- Wasgamuwa National Park (Wasgumuwa wiki page)
- Horton Plains National Park
- Bundala National Park (Buldala wiki page)
- Bird Sanctuaries (See some of our pictures of the Birds in Sri Lanka here.)
- National Zoological Gardens
- Elephant Orphanage (Elephants / See Pinnawela)
- Whales / Sailing / Fishing (Please contact us. Season depended. Trincomale or south depending on season.)
- Reptiles / Snakes (See some of our pictures of reptiles in Sri Lanka here.)
We are currently uploading pictures, so stay tuned for more information... (remember to reload page.)
or see the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_parks_of_Sri_Lanka
Airport pickup transfer dropoff
Price example: CMB Airport to Colombo center US dollars 25
(pageing and highway fees included ).
The average transfer time from Airport to Colombo is 30 minutes. (Depending on trafic)
THIS IS A DEMO / TEST SITE.
Please do not place any orders!!!